Wednesday, January 6, 2010

fufu...okay i did it!




Okay some of you who know me well might understand how "monumental" this post is for me... but for those of you who don't know me, let me explain myself (or perhaps defend my insanity).
I am not only a girl with "huge" and I mean "HUGE" food issues, but still haunting me in the back of my mind are childhood memories of restaurant tantrums and grocery store meltdowns all incidents having one underlying nucleus, FOOD...
One time, and I can recall this instance well, I was at a restaurant with my mom (God bless her soul...LOL) when the head chef decided to jazz up my order of plain butter noodles by adding a garnish of herbs... I think the waitress actually had to run for cover after she put the plate in front of me... I was eight!
Another time, and this was in high school, I was dating a boy who had so conveniently forgotten to mention to his mom that I was a vegetarian, she (his mom) had asked me to stay for dinner and I was cautious to accept, but knew it was kind of a lose lose situation if you know what I mean. Anyway, dinner was spaghetti which I thought would be safe because growing up in New York spaghetti meant meatballs and meatballs could be easily avoided... However, I was not in New York anymore, and meatballs are an uncommon phenomenon south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Let me just say I sat and ate meat infested spaghetti sauce for that boy! This was the beginning of many forced feedings... and rightly so, I have begun a long and exasperating battle against the fickle eater inside of me. Every mealtime she really wants to rear her capricious, troublesome, only-child nature, but I hold her back for the public safety and welfare of all humanity (okay sometimes I slip and she wins the battle, but we won't talk about that in public)!

My Christmas present to the Republic of Ghana (I hope she understands the mere significance of it all)... Eating fufu with light soup (and goat meat).

No comments:

Post a Comment