Saturday, September 26, 2009

dreams & life


As an child I remember growing up with perpetual praise and emotional encouragement. I was loved, supported, and even adored. In fact, I remember feeling so strong in this support that I truly believed I could be anyone or do anything.
As a teenager I felt that if I searched for a dream, a true passion that my life would be electrifying.
As an early college student I continued this search for a dream...
Throughout college I searched further...
Then when I when I began my first teaching job I thought, “This is it! This must be my dream.”
About a month ago I was listening to a preacher (via podcast) out of a church in Los Angeles and he said something that radically shifted my whole “dream search” idea. The pastor said,
“Live a dream that is worth your life...”

I listened to his words over and over and over again, “Live a dream that is worth your life.”
I realized what this pastor was not saying was, "search your life for your dreams, or live your life for your dreams", but in fact what he insightfully declared with just eight words was that our lives are worth nothing less than a dream, and our Creator wants our lives to represent something of
Mighty Greatness...
It is a good thing I was in Africa when I heard this sermon because if not, I would have been on the first plane to Africa.
My dreams are irrelevant if I can’t devote my entire soul, my entire being, my entire existence, even my entire life to fulfilling them. I want to waste my life on a dream that is worthy of my life. I want to teach, and please, and love others...but most importantly, I want to do this because if I don’t, what is my life worth?
God revealed to me that day, that it is not what I am searching for that is my dream, it is what I am living right now.
Okay, I understand this is easy for me to say because I am in Africa helping others and feeling good about my “works”, but my prayer is that when I leave Ghana God’s revelation will accompany me and remind me that every dream I have should be worth of my entire life...
Enjoy the moments God is giving you, and live a dream that is worthy of wasting your life on!...entry written 26th September, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment